We aim to cater for the needs of our entire guests, in our family owned, 8 en suite bedroom guesthouse.
- You can contact us via phone, fax or email (01841 532 426 Fax: 01841 533 353).
- There is a bus stop immediately outside the entrance Woodlands for journeys Westward and opposite going East.
- The Bodmin Parkway train station is 40 minutes by car, Newquay Airport is 20 minutes by car.
- There are many local taxi firms which we will book on your behalf.
- Our website has a 'where to find us' map.
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
- There are two designated parking bays next to the rear of the Guesthouse, beside the ramp into the ground-floor rooms, and there is ample free parking space. Disabled guests will find arrival at the Conservatory entrance, at the rear of the building easier than through the front Door.
- We offer assistance with luggage
- The car park surface is tarmac and level and fully lit at night with security lights
- There is gentle slope to the conservatory doors and no steps. The conservatory door (77cm gap) has a single leaver door handle that opens outwards, there is a secondary door (125cm gap fully open) that is locked, this can be opened for wider chairs and powered ‘Ramblers’. The Conservatory floor-space is 188cm. by 700cm. There is a fire-door into the guesthouse that is locked after 10.00pm but guests have a door key for access. THE CONSERVATORY DOOR IS NEVER LOCKED. There is a small ramp into the rest of the main reception rooms; the dining room, Morning Room (reception), the Blue Room (guest sitting room) and the library of books and CDs in the main hall.
Front Entrance & Reception
- The Front Entrance is not suitable for wheelchair users or infirm guests. There is a step up through the Porch Door of 20 cm (8 inches) and a further step at the main front door of 14cm. (5.5 inches). The Porch door opens inwards and is closed mostly all the time. There is a single- lever door handle. The Front door is open from 7.00am to 8.00pm there after it is locked and guests have a key to open and there is a large handle to turn as well. The door is heavy and opens inwards. The reception desk is in the Morning Room; first on the right, opposite the Blue Room.
- There is a low-level desk.
- Flooring is a combination of floor-board, tiles and carpet
- Reception is all on one level to ground-floor bedrooms
- Public Areas - General (Internal)
- Our corridors are well lit and carpeted
- The dining rooms and honesty bar are assessable on one level – door gap of 85cm.
- The Blue Room (guest sitting-room) is floor-board and a rug, door gap of 85cm.
- The Morning Room (reception) is floor-board and a rug, door gap is 85cm.
- Public Areas - WC
- There is a high-level seat in the ladies WC, level access from main hallway.
- The fire alarm system has bells and does not have flashing lights. The ground-floor doors are closed automatically if the alarm is sounded. Assistance is given if evacuation is necessary
- Dining Room.
- Movable seating throughout. There are chairs with or without arms
- Table clearance height 62cm and width 54cm to 94cm. Dining room tables are laid with white table linen
- Menus are provided in large print or brail on request
2 bedrooms on the ground floor with conservatory access widths of 188cm and door width of 71cm, low-level light switches.
1 bedroom with adapted bathroom with roll-in shower, transfer bars and grab rails. The other ground-floor; bedroom with bath with hand-holds and anti-slip bottom of the bath. Shower.
Grounds and Gardens
- We have decking adjacent to the conservatory ramp with a gentle ramp down to the big lawn.
- There is a 4 X 20cm high steps down onto the croquet lawn area where there is a water feature and fishpond, which is not fenced.
- Well behaved dogs as well as assistance dogs are welcome.
- We do not permit smoking in any part of the Guesthouse, smoking is permitted outside in the gardens.
- Small fridge available for medication
- You are able to use the front doors (there will be a latch and a large door handle to operate at night and the door opens inwards) and the Conservatory doors (this door is never locked and opens outwards from inside the conservatory) in the event of evacuation. The bells will ring continuously if evacuation is needed. If you require assistance for evacuating please notify us on arrival.
Address: PIPPA & HUGO WOOLLEY
Woodlands Country House,
Telephone: 01841 532 426
Fax: 01841 533 353
Hours of operation: From 7.00am to 8.00pm. (07.00 to 20.00) Emergency help and assistance 24 hours.
Although we have tried to be as accurate and include as much detail as we can in our Access Statement, we are always willing to give information on any aspect of the hotel if this statement does not answer your particular query.